Home > Householders > FAQs > FAQ 3

How do I get work done under the Green Deal?

Firstly, an assessment of the property must be conducted by a registered Green Deal assessor.  The assessor will establish what improvements and savings could be made on existing energy bills.

Once you have your report, you need to contact a Green Deal provider to establish whether you qualify for funding.

The improvements suggested will need to qualify for the 'golden rule' which states that the gains must be more than the cost of the installation.

When the provider agrees what improvements can be undertaken under Green Deal, the work will be done by an accredited Green Deal installer.

Once the work is done, repayments will be recouped through your electricity bill.  Should you decide to move property, the repayments stay with the property and become the responsibility of the new occupier.